*Most content available is in PDF format for your convenience. PDFs are easily downloaded, stored, and printed.
Chromebook Information 2016-2017 (Middle School)
Chromebook Warranty Information:
All Chromebooks are covered by Acer's warranty against manufacturer's defects for one year. The Natick School District's Chromebook Accidental Damage/Loss Policy is in place to cover most issues that may arise with the Chromebook.
Chromebook Accidental Damage/Loss Policy:
Tiered approach for damage and repairs -
NOTE: DAMAGE TO A CHROMEBOOK MAY INCUR REPAIR COSTS OF MORE THAN ONE TIER.
|Tier 1 $0
Minor wear and tear covered by annual Chromebook fee*
*The Chromebook fee will NOT cover:
- If the machine is dropped. (Acer voids the warranty.)
- If the Chromebook/charger was "stolen" because it was left unattended.
- If damage is due to not following the Acceptable Use Policy
Tier II $50
Moderate damage or part replacement, ie: broken keyboard
Tier III $100
More expensive repair due to spill damage, cracked screen, dropped Chromebook.
|Tier IV Full Value
Full value of the device if lost or stolen. GPS tracking will be used when a police report is filed.
Families are welcome to investigate options for obtaining their own
private insurance through their homeowners’ insurance or an independent
laptop insurance company. It is our understanding that you may contract
with these agencies, based on their own policies and may do so even
though the Natick Public Schools is registered as the owner of the
General Information & How To's
- How to print:
- Printing is supported by using Google Cloud Print. This will be provided in school.
- If you want to setup Google Cloud Print at home: https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/
- Chromebooks do not support local USB printing so you will need a wireless printer. Please keep in mind the school department is not able to support home printing.
- How to take care of your Chromebook
- How to back up your data:
Students are ultimately responsible for backing up their data.
Since we are now using Chromebooks, all student data is saved to Google Drive and not kept on the individual device. The only exception is offline content.
All Chromebooks will be collected by the last day of school each year and completely wiped to start next school year clean.
Student should verify all offline content is synced with their Google Account prior to collection time.
- Other Natick Public Schools resources for students
- Other online resources for Natick parents